- Bringing DevOps to the database. Part 1: version control.
If you're following DevOps processes just for your code, then that's not good enough anymore. You've got to include your database in your processes.
- New Visual Studio Code Extensions for Java Developers
Visual Studio Code adds more extensions for Java developers, including Maven Project Explorer, Tomcat management and Checkstyle integration.
- Top Programming Languages in 2018
Mahesh Chand looks at the trends of language usage coming up in 2018.
- chmod/chown improvements to Windows Subsystem for Linux
You can now set Unix owners and permissions on files on your NTFS partition in Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Octopus Deploy: Reflections on 2017
The Octopus Deploy team looks back on both product and business changes over the last year.
- Navigation and search updates in ReSharper 2017.3
Resharper 2017.3 is now available and includes a number of UI and usability improvements to the navigation experiences.
- Library: Interactive Line Editing in .NET
Miguel de Icaza introduces a simple, readline-like library for .NET command line applications.
- Kubernetes: Core Workloads API GA
Kubernetes now includes the Core Workloads API in general availability in Kubernetes 1.9.
- Learning Git: What are Git Hooks?
Jonathan Silva introduces Git Hooks, which are executed during various Git commands, and you can use to extend Git.
- "Red Shirt Dev Tour" coming to the UK
Scott Guthrie visits Birmingham on his "Red Shirt Dev Tour" to demo solutions and discuss developer productivity in Azure.
- Git Merge
An event dedicated to the Git version control tool. March 8, 2017: Barcelona, ES.
Published at the beginning of every week.
Created by Edward Thomson.
Do you have news about developer tools? Did you
write an article about methodologies? Did you
release a new library? Let me know, I'm
@ethomson on Twitter.