- Continuous Integration and Feature Branching
Dave Farley breaks down the "table stakes" for continuous delivery; especially branching strategies when it comes to CD. (Hint: don't branch.)
- Android Studio Switching to D8 dexer
Android Studio updates the dex compiler to be faster and smarter using D8, the new and improved compiler to produce smaller .dex fils with better runtime performance.
- Python Developers Survey 2017 Results: Learn About the Community
The Python Software Foundation and JetBrains conducted the official Python Developers Survey. AI/ML is the biggest trend; data analysis leads Python usage, overtaking web development.
- Microsoft Will Invest $5 Billion in IoT. Here's Why.
Microsoft believes that IoT solutions will make businesses more efficient, and is investing $5 billion over the next four years to drive transformations in business from the Internet of Things.
- The Four Focus Areas of DevSecOps
DevOps makes systems more secure; even with a fast release cadence, you can build in compliance with security guidelines to create more secure release processes.
- Load Solutions Faster with Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6 VisualStudio
- Ramping Up on PowerShell & CLI PowerShell
- Memory View: Exploring .NET Memory While Debugging with Rider 2018.1 DotNET
- Introducing New Android Excellence Apps and Games on Google Play Android
- Best Practices for Migrating Your Chef Server Chef
- Improved Docker Container Integration with Java 10 Docker
- Highlights from TensorFlow Dev Summit 2018 TensorFlow
- March 2018 ISO C++ Meeting Trip Report (Core Language) C/C++
- libgit2 v0.27.0 Git
- LibGit2Sharp v0.25.0 Git DotNET
- SubGit 3.3.1 Git
- Working Copy 3.3.2 is Released Git
- Git 2.17 is Now Available Git
- Git for Windows 2.17.0 Git
- All Things Git: Don't Ignore the Fundamentals
The fundamentals that you need in your Git repository like a proper .gitignore, conditional configuration, and setting line endings with your .gitattributes file.
- Radio TFS: This is all it is
An update on VSTS and TFS news, including TFS 2018.2 RC1, migration, hints on batch-undelete and more.
- Merge Conflict: Game Development Chit-Chat
A recap of some of the announcements from the Game Developers Conference and a look at the state of game development for .NET developers.
- .NET Rocks: Productivity Tools in VS2017 with Kasey Uhlenhuth
A discussion of how to make developers more productive within their IDE, and especially how to support the different needs that different developers have.
- DevOpsDays Des Moines
The local-focused DevOps conference comes to Des Moines: April 12-13, Des Moines, IA.
- Now Open: DockerCon US Diversity Scholarship
DockerCon provides a Diversity Scholarship to members of the Docker community who are traditionally underrepresented so that they may attend DockerCon US 2018.