- Running Docker Windows and Linux Containers Simultaneously
I thought that on a Windows machine you could either run Windows containers, or Linux containers, but not both at the same time; knowing you can run both is incredibly useful.
- How To Setup Signed Git Commits with a YubiKey NEO and GPG and Keybase on Windows
A peek at just how complicated it is to integrate Git commit signing with GPG and a YubiKey NEO on Windows. Thankfully, Scott figured it out so you don't have to.
- Backward Compatibility and Overloading
A look at how to handle source and binary compatibility with C#. Summary: "versioning is hard and makes my head hurt."
- No Free Java LTS Version?
I missed this when it was originally published back in February, but there's been recent discussion; Oracle will stop providing a free JDK, users will have to pay or rely on OpenJDK.
- Blazor 0.2.0 Release Now Available
Blazor is an experimental .NET web framework using C#, Razor, and HTML that lets you build run .NET on the client-side, in the browser with WebAssembly.
- Release Flow: How We Do Branching on the VSTS Team
I unpack some thoughts about Git branching strategies for production cloud services and discuss the way the VSTS team does releases.
- SSW TV
Adam Cogan talks to Brian Harry as he leaves for a sabbatical, looking back on his achievements and highlights over his last 23 years at Microsoft.
- The DevOps Lab: Improving Performance for haveibeenpwned.com
Damian Brady sits down with Troy Hunt to understand how he dramatically improved the performance for his new Pwned Passwords offering.
Published every Monday.
Created by Edward Thomson.
Do you have news about developer tools? Did you
write an article about methodologies? Did you
release a new library? Let me know, I'm
@ethomson on Twitter.