- Building a Text Editor for a Digital-First Newsroom
Publishing newspapers is surprisingly similar to publishing software, especially with web-first scenarios. A look at the New York Times' new text editor for their publishing system.
- Jakarta EE is Officially Out
Java EE has been renamed to "Jakarta EE" after Oracle gives the technology to the community, but refuses to give them the name.
- Docker for Desktop is Certified Kubernetes
Kubernetes has been available in Docker for Mac and Windows since January; now it's certified for compliance with the Kubernetes standards.
- Stack Overflow Isn’t Very Welcoming. It’s Time for That to Change.
It's true, Stack Overflow really isn't very welcoming; many people's first experience asking a question is not positive. The site is finally planning to do something about it.
- Bootstrap 4: Layout Classes
In Bootstrap 4, you're able to perform the usual CSS tasks in a much simpler and more intuitive way. The Bootstrap 4 media object can dramatically decrease your use of inline CSS.
- Measuring Websites With Mobile-First Optimization Tools
As more users move toward mobile-first experiences, optimizing for mobile becomes increasingly important. This is an important look at benchmarking and performance tools.