- Integrated Spell Checking with ReSpeller in ReSharper and Rider
This is one of those things that doesn't seem very exciting at first - but I'm a bit of a stickler for proper spelling and grammar, and I'm happy to see tools that improve that.
- Android Emulator - AMD Processor & Hyper-V Support
The Android Emulator has been making performance improvements; the latest ones come for users of AMD processors and Hyper-V virtualization.
- Exception Perceptions: Everything is Cool When You’re Part of a Team
How do you ensure that errors are getting reported to the right people? The new Teams functionality in Sentry includes ownership rules, so the right people are notified in an outage.
- Pwned Passwords V3 is Now Live!
A new version of the infamous Pwned Passwords. You can - and should - integrate with it to ensure that your users aren't using known-vulnerable passwords.
- Visual Studio Code: Introducing Logpoints and Auto-Attach
Improving the debugging experience in Visual Studio Code: a look at logging for debugging, auto-attach for Node debugging and debugging NPM.
- Announcing TypeScript 3.0 RC TypeScript
- Watchdog: Auto-detect performance anomalies without setting alerts Monitoring
- .NET Core July 2018 Update .NET
- Xamarin.Forms: Drop Shadows on Android Navigation Toolbar Xamarin
- GitHub Engineering Adopts New Architecture for MySQL High Availability Database
- FSF Binutils Release 2.31 is Now Available GNU
- Atom 1.28.2 is Released Atom
- IntelliJ IDEA 2018.2 Release Candidate is here! IDEA
- CoreDNS GA for Kubernetes Cluster DNS Kubernetes
- Talk Python: 10 Python Security Holes and How to Plug Them
Python doesn't have unsafe memory access like C, but you can still write insecure software. A look at several common security issues in Python code that you should watch out for.
- Hanselminutes: Accessibility with Nicolas Steenhout
Accessibility should be a key design point when you're building applications. Nic Steenhout discusses building accessibility in web apps, mobile apps, and even physical spaces.