Shawn Pearce, a prolific contributor to the Git version control community, and the founder of the Gerrit Code Review tool, has died. He was stricken by an aggressive cancer, and is survived by his wife and two sons. You can help support his sons' education by donating to the Shawn Pearce Memorial Fund.
- How Google Play fought bad apps and malicious developers in 2017
Google Play took down hundreds of thousands of bad apps in 2017. How Google Play protects your device from copycat apps, apps with inappropriate content and apps that are potentially harmful.
- .NET Core 2.1 Roadmap
What's coming in .NET Core 2.1, largely based on feedback from the adoption of .NET Core 2.0. Includes the roadmap for CoreCLR, CoreFX, ASP.NET and Entity Framework.
- Hot Code Replacement for Java comes to Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code continues to add more IDE functionality, including for Java. Hot Code Replacement, JUnit test runners, Tomcat server creation, and updates to Checkstyle and Maven.
- Docker for Windows Desktop... Now with Kubernetes!
Docker for Windows is the easiest way to set up a dev environment - and the newest beta now includes Kubernetes 1.8 for better end-to-end management from dev to production systems.
- Merge Conflicts in the Browser
VSTS adds the ability to edit merge conflicts in Pull Requests directly in the browser, powered by Monaco, the same editor that powers VS Code.
- Gemnasium is acquired by GitLab
Dependency security monitoring applications Gemnasium shuts down after competition from GitHub; rival GitLab acquires them to expand their own integrated security offering.
- Commit Together with Co-authors
GitHub introduces "co-authored by": saves additional author information in the Git commit and shows it in their web UI.
- CodePlex has been archived
CodePlex, Microsoft's open source hosting site, has been archived. A project summary, including work items, discussion, and a downloadable archive, is still available.
- Scaling Kubernetes to 2,500 Nodes
Running Kubernetes for deep learning research, pushing to a 2500 node cluster running on a combination of Azure D15v2 and NC24 virtual machines.
- dotMemory Unit supports .NET Core 2.0, and more updates Resharper
- IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.4 is released IDEA
- JBoss Developer Studio 11.2.0.GA and JBoss Tools 4.5.2.Final JBoss
- Git for Windows 2.16.1(2) Git
- Announcing Developer Tool Updates: DevSuite, DevStudio, CDK, more RedHat
- DockerCon 2018: registration, CFP and first speakers
DockerCon US provides workshops and training for the Docker community: June 12-15, San Francisco, CA.
- Ticket Giveaway for Git Merge 2018
All Things Git is giving away a ticket to Git Merge 2018 to a woman, person of color, or member of another group often underrepresented in software development and tech conferences. March 8, Barcelona, ES.