- Building VSTS/TFS Tasks with TypeScript and VS Code
Building re-usable VSTS tasks to perform custom continuous integration or continuous delivery steps, and sharing them with the rest of the world in the Marketplace.
- GitHub: Weak cryptographic standards removal notice
GitHub is deprecating outdated, weak encryption algorithms from HTTPS and SSH connections to their site. Upgrade your clients if you haven't already.
- Two Lesser Known Tools for Local Azure Development
An introduction to Cloud Explorer, a tool to explore Azure resources, and Storage Emulator, a tool to simulate Azure services. Two great tools that help development and testing.
- Discontinuing the free Octopus Community edition tier
Octopus Deploy removes its free "community" version, affecting about 80% of the Octopus users, due to increasing demands on resources.
- Scheduling in Kubernetes
Understanding the default Kubernetes scheduler, k8s, and how to implement your own custom Kubernetes scheduler.
- Introducing dotmesh and dothub
Handling data between test and production is a challenge; dotmesh and dothub let you manage data with a git-like CLI tool and a central hub.
- An Update on ChatOps: A Chat with Jason Hand
Jason Hand - author of "ChatOps: Managing Operations in Group Chat" - provides an update on the ChatOps philosophy and tool that enable it.
- Razor Code Formatting Updates in ReSharper and Rider
- Dynamic Tracing of .NET Core Methods
Using Linux's dynamic tracing mechanism (uprobes) on .NET Core applications by AOT compiling them with crossgen.
- Xamarin.Forms ultimate horizontal list guide
Xamarin Forms lacks listviews that scroll horizontally; Daniel Causer provides three bespoke implementations and examines the pros and cons of each.
Published at the beginning of every week.
Created by Edward Thomson.
Do you have news about developer tools? Did you
write an article about methodologies? Did you
release a new library? Let me know, I'm
@ethomson on Twitter.