- Building VSTS/TFS Tasks with TypeScript and VS Code
Building re-usable VSTS tasks to perform custom continuous integration or continuous delivery steps, and sharing them with the rest of the world in the Marketplace.
- GitHub: Weak cryptographic standards removal notice
GitHub is deprecating outdated, weak encryption algorithms from HTTPS and SSH connections to their site. Upgrade your clients if you haven't already.
- Two Lesser Known Tools for Local Azure Development
An introduction to Cloud Explorer, a tool to explore Azure resources, and Storage Emulator, a tool to simulate Azure services. Two great tools that help development and testing.
- Discontinuing the free Octopus Community edition tier
Octopus Deploy removes its free "community" version, affecting about 80% of the Octopus users, due to increasing demands on resources.
- Scheduling in Kubernetes
Understanding the default Kubernetes scheduler, k8s, and how to implement your own custom Kubernetes scheduler.
- Introducing dotmesh and dothub
Handling data between test and production is a challenge; dotmesh and dothub let you manage data with a git-like CLI tool and a central hub.
- An Update on ChatOps: A Chat with Jason Hand
Jason Hand - author of "ChatOps: Managing Operations in Group Chat" - provides an update on the ChatOps philosophy and tool that enable it.
- Razor Code Formatting Updates in ReSharper and Rider
- Dynamic Tracing of .NET Core Methods
Using Linux's dynamic tracing mechanism (uprobes) on .NET Core applications by AOT compiling them with crossgen.
- Xamarin.Forms ultimate horizontal list guide
Xamarin Forms lacks listviews that scroll horizontally; Daniel Causer provides three bespoke implementations and examines the pros and cons of each.