- Charles Bachman and Pointer Chains
A fascinating look at early database technologies like NDL - a database language for navigational (not relational) databases.
- Android: Improving Stability by Reducing Usage of non-SDK Interfaces
Android begins locking down the ability to call unofficial functions, ensures that your applications only call published SDK functions.
- GitHub: February 28th DDoS Incident Report
GitHub was hit by the largest distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS) yet. Despite its size, they were offline for only a few minutes.
- Now on GitHub: The Autonomous Driving Cookbook from Microsoft
Microsoft releases an open source collection of scenarios, tutorials and demos to help develop autonomous driving vehicles.
- Doing ChatOps in Microsoft Teams
As Microsoft Teams begins replacing Skype for Business, some DevOps teams are looking at how to use it for ChatOps.
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Quantum Computing and Q# Blog
The Quantum Computing and Q# blog has an impressive introduction to quantum, the Q# language and the Quantum Developer Kit, including how you can get started on your classical computer.
- Announcing Flutter beta 1: Build beautiful native apps
Flutter is a new mobile UI framework from Google that helps developers build native interfaces for both iOS and Android.
- Google: Machine Learning Crash Course
Google opens up its Machine Learning Crash Course; it was previously only available internally, to Google engineers. MLCC covers many machine learning fundamentals, including TensorFlow.