- Charles Bachman and Pointer Chains
A fascinating look at early database technologies like NDL - a database language for navigational (not relational) databases.
- Android: Improving Stability by Reducing Usage of non-SDK Interfaces
Android begins locking down the ability to call unofficial functions, ensures that your applications only call published SDK functions.
- GitHub: February 28th DDoS Incident Report
GitHub was hit by the largest distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS) yet. Despite its size, they were offline for only a few minutes.
- Now on GitHub: The Autonomous Driving Cookbook from Microsoft
Microsoft releases an open source collection of scenarios, tutorials and demos to help develop autonomous driving vehicles.
- Doing ChatOps in Microsoft Teams
As Microsoft Teams begins replacing Skype for Business, some DevOps teams are looking at how to use it for ChatOps.
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Quantum Computing and Q# Blog
The Quantum Computing and Q# blog has an impressive introduction to quantum, the Q# language and the Quantum Developer Kit, including how you can get started on your classical computer.
- Announcing Flutter beta 1: Build beautiful native apps
Flutter is a new mobile UI framework from Google that helps developers build native interfaces for both iOS and Android.
- Google: Machine Learning Crash Course
Google opens up its Machine Learning Crash Course; it was previously only available internally, to Google engineers. MLCC covers many machine learning fundamentals, including TensorFlow.
Published at the beginning of every week.
Created by Edward Thomson.
Do you have news about developer tools? Did you
write an article about methodologies? Did you
release a new library? Let me know, I'm
@ethomson on Twitter.