- Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2018
Every year, Stack Overflow polls its users to try to better understand the development community. Here's this year's results about how Stack Overflow users learn and the tools they use.
- Mononoke: a Mercurial source control server designed to support large monorepos
Facebook introduces Mononoke, a new "next-generation" Mercurial-based source control server engineered for large monorepos, like the ones in use at the largest engineering companies.
- GitLab: Global Developer Report for 2018
Another developer survey; this one's from GitLab, who analyzes its social media followers and declares that 2018 is the year for DevOps.
- Android Security 2017 Year in Review
The Android security team works to secure the more than two billion devices in operation; here's the review of the security efforts from 2017.
- Usability Improvements in GCC 8
C compiler error messages are legendarily hard to understand; GCC is making a welcome push to usability improvements in reporting problems in your code.
- Stack Overflow Culture
Amidst complaints about Stack Overflow, its top user pens a response analyzing the culture, explaining why he uses the site, and proposing a covenant for its users.
- An Easier Way of Transposing Query Results in SQL Server SQL
- GVFS for Mac Git
- How VSTS is Accelerating the Engineering Group Behind Windows VSTS DevOps
- Artifact Management for Open Source Software Packages
- Deploying Azure Functions with Octopus Deploy Serverless Octopus
- Containers: What are they Good For? Build Environments? Containers
- IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.5 IntelliJ
- Atom 1.25 is Released Atom
- Kubernetes 1.9.4 is Available Kubernetes
- Announcing March 20, 2018 Critical Security Update GitLab Security
- DevOps Lab: Deploying Database Changes Alongside your Code
Tracking and deploying database changes is critical to coincide with your code changes.
- All Things Git: Git for Mobile Development with James Montemagno
Using version control systems that existed before Git, and building CI/CD pipelines for mobile apps.
- Modernizing Java Apps for Developers
A look at modernizing monolithic Java applications by moving them to containers.
- The .NET Core 2 Roadmap with Scott Hunter
A brief history of where .NET has come from, and a look forward to the future of the ecosystem.
- WWDC18 Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for WWDC - the conference for macOS and iOS developers.
- DevOpsDays Baltimore
The local-focused DevOps conference comes to Baltimore: March 21-22, Baltimore, MD
- DevOpsDays Maringá
DevOpsDays, the traveling DevOps conference, comes to Maringá, BR